Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oh Joy!

...the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

Whew! I don’t know about you, but it seems like life is happening in fast forward these days.

Being a veteran of legislative sessions, this session has been a challenge to me as the information flying at me is maxing out my capacity to process. Add the melt down of the phone lines due to a particular vote, a bit of frustration over dropping the ball when I shouldn’t have, and lack of sleep and you are setting up the scenario for not good things to happen.

After carefully considering the options, I decided to nix the idea of hiding under my desk until everybody goes away. There is too much under there for me to clean out for it to be comfortable. I decided against locking the office door, also. One time I locked the door and forgot about it and almost whacked my nose from the momentum as I tried to go through it anyway. It wasn’t pretty.

So, my final option was to remember that the joy of the Lord is my strength, and I am fully equipped to handle anything that comes my way this day.

Praise God!

Thank you, Lord, that you do not lead us where you cannot keep us. And, thank you for Your joy that you give us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment