Friday, June 10, 2011

Still Going . . .

Grace to you and peace from God, the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen Galatians 1:3-5

For those of you enjoying the lazy days of summer, just a note to let you know the Texas Legislature is still going. Like the pink EverReady bunny, the fun just never seems to end around here. After over 15 hours of debate on a bill yesterday, one of the final pieces of the budget puzzle was passed. It reminds me of the poster that hangs over my desk:

GOVERNMENT


If You Think the Problems we Create are Bad,


Just Wait Until You See Our Solutions



My hope is not in man or government.

So, this morning I return to my desk and remind myself what a joy it is that I live at a time such as this so that I may see the glory of the Lord worked out on a daily basis.

Lord, may Your Kingdom come and Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment