Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Rock

Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: He is like a man building a house who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock. Luke 6: 47-48

My hammock day of the weekend was but a fond memory as I stood out in the cold wind putting gasoline into my vehicle this morning - a vivid reminder of the phrase, “this, too, shall pass.”

The cold front roared in around 3:00 am with winds howling through the trees and rain pelting the outside of the house. The temperature dropped 30 degrees in less than 15 minutes. I rolled over and snuggled down into the warmth of my bed, content with the knowledge that our home is securely founded on The Rock.

Lord, thank you that peace is not dependent upon my circumstances, but upon my relationship with You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment