Monday, February 28, 2011

Hug a Tree

Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10

Over the years when I find myself too busy to read scripture or write the devotional, I have learned that it is time to stop and practice one of the rules we taught our children when we would take them camping in our state parks.

The rule? If you get lost, hug a tree.

The principle is that if you are lost and running around in circles, it is more difficult for rescuers to find you than if you stay in one place. We assured our children that we would come and find them if they were lost, but that they needed to do their part.

So, rather than running around in circles pontificating on the issue any further, I am going to do my part - hug a tree (be still) and let the Lord help me get my schedule under control today.

Thank you, Lord. Amen

1 comment: