Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hope in the Lord

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

Well, the lull before the storm is over. This week the legislative committees have begun to meet with a vengeance. Flipping through channels and catching tidbits from here and there, it appears there is a common thread. “We understand money is limited, but don’t take away from our program.”

It seems easier to motivate a crowd to object to having a program or benefit taken from them than it is to get the general public to object to their money being taken to pay for the program. Of course, that could be because the people whose money is being taken are at work trying to earn a living and can’t afford the time off to come and complain. But, whatever the reason, it does seem that there are more people who would prefer to be kept than who would prefer to be free.

And, that makes me sad.

But, I’m not discouraged. Our Lord is a kind and merciful God who has richly blessed our nation. He is not raising up a new generation of leaders for nothing. My job is not to change things. My job is to be obedient to the purposes and plans of the Lord.

So, regardless of what my eyes see or my ears hear, I will continue to place my hope in the Lord.

Lord, give me courage and strengthen my heart to continue to pursue Your purposes regardless of my circumstances. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment