Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Call to God

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3

After struggling for over an hour this morning to write the devotional, I finally resigned myself to the fact that it just wasn’t happening and turned my attention to prayer, instead. My list of things to discuss with the Lord has gotten quite long over the past few weeks. I began with telling God there was just no way to do the devotional if it was going to take up this much of my time. How could I possibly get everything on my work list done, my prayer list done, and all the other things that are screaming for my attention?

He reminded me, “Call on Me, and I will answer you.”

Oh, instead of struggling with a topic for the devotional, I just have to call on You?

“That is correct.”

So, what’s the message for the devotional today?

“What did I just tell you?”

Oh, that’s the message?

“Yes, I will answer you and show you great and mighty things.”

Wow! Like what to write in the devotional?

“Bingo.”

OK, maybe God didn’t actually say, “Bingo.” But, that’s the message I got. And, I suppose that it is a good message for all of us to remember. Next time you find yourself throwing up your hands in frustration, just leave them raised for a few minutes of praise and worship. Call to Him, and He will answer.

Lord, thank you for the reminder. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment