Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursdays

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

I make it Monday through Wednesday without too much difficulties, but Thursdays are beginning to get to me. The alarm and I had words this morning. My body knows it has already put in more hours in the past three days than it will in an entire week when we aren’t in session. This regiment, like getting old, is not for sissies.

Some of the proposals other states have discussed as a means to reduce budget deficits include four day work weeks and employee furloughs. By working ten hour days, but only working four days a week, there would be efficiencies in utility and maintenance costs. Likewise, requiring employees to take non-paid time off, salary savings would be accrued.

My body is telling me that it would be good with either of those options at the moment. Working only 10 hours a day would be a reduction in my hours. And, instead of taking non-paid time off, it wouldn’t take much to convince me to pay the state for some down time.

And, while sleep would be a nice addition to my schedule, what I really need is rest. And, that only comes through a personal relationship with Christ.

So, Lord, here’s me coming to You.

Thank you, Lord, for Your rest. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment