Thursday, May 12, 2011

Good Word

Anxiety in the heart of a man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad. Proverbs 12:25

Things are a bit hectic for me this morning. Fifteen extra minutes of sleep, rain (praise God!) slowing traffic, House convening 30 minute earlier than usual - my first thought was to forego the devotional due to a lack of time. The the gentle reminder settled on me, if
I don’t have time for God this morning, chances are I will not have time to accomplish any of the other tasks on my schedule. First things first.

Reading Proverbs reminded me that a good word makes the hear glad. So, here is my partial list of good words for the day.

Yellow
Basset puppy
Grandchildren
Yarn shop
Sine Die

You should keep a list of your own “good words,” but never lose sight of the best word of all.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

No comments:

Post a Comment